The “Patient Recruitment and Retention Services Market, 2022-2035” report an extensive study of companies offering patient recruitment and retention services.
- A general overview of the clinical trials, featuring information on the different phases of clinical trials and their importance. The chapter also lays emphasis on patient recruitment process, its associated challenges and the different strategies used to enhance patient enrolment in clinical research studies. It also presents information on the affiliated ethical considerations and outsourcing activity in this domain. Further, it features an elaborate discussion on the various patient recruitment associated services offered by contract service providers as well as the patient retention strategies employed to prevent drop-out of enrolled individuals from clinical trials.
- A brief information on the various types of patient outreach methods used by contract service providers in this domain, to identify and enroll patients in clinical trials. Further, the chapter highlights the various advantages and limitations of these outreach methods.
- A detailed assessment of the overall landscape of companies offering patient recruitment and retention services, along with the information on several relevant parameters, such as year of establishment, company size (in terms of number of employees), location of headquarters, patient recruitment services and retention services offered, patient outreach methods (social media outreach, traditional media outreach, directly approaching individual patients, leveraging proprietary patient databases, exploiting patient communities and advocacy groups, engaging local enrolment specialists, using digital advertising solutions, organizing large scale events / campaigns and exploiting real world data sources), number of patient outreach methods (less than 3 methods, 3 to 6 methods and more than 6 methods), patient recruitment associated service(s) offered (pre-screening potential study participants, study feasibility / protocol development, site identification and selection, project management, site management, IRB/EC submission, core CRO services, clinical monitoring, web development solutions, clinical trial data management, real-time enquiry / information support and investigator grant management), number of patient recruitment associated service(s) offered (less than 3 associated services, 3 to 6 associated services and more than 6 associated services), patient retention method(s) used (dedicated patient engagement solutions, offering study-branded amenities / education materials and offering transportation (to site) support), number of patient retention method(s) used (less than 2 methods, 2 to 5 methods and more than 5 methods), geographical reach (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World), therapeutic expertise (respiratory disorders, gastrointestinal disorders, healthy volunteers, cardiovascular disorders, central nervous system and mental health disorders, metabolic disorders, dermatological disorders, oncological disorders, musculoskeletal disorders, infectious diseases, autoimmune disorders, ophthalmic disorders, medical devices, rare diseases / personalized therapies and others). The chapter also covers details on the payment model, patient recruitment platforms / technologies used and the various certifications / accreditations awarded by regulatory bodies.
- A detailed competitiveness analysis of patient recruitment and retention service providers, taking into consideration supplier strength (based on their experience in this field) and service strength (based on number of patient outreach methods, number of patient recruitment associated service(s) offered, number of patient retention method(s) used, geographical reach and therapeutic expertise).
- Elaborate profiles of prominent players (shortlisted based on a proprietary criterion) offering patient recruitment and retention services, across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World. Each profile features a brief overview of the company, along with details related to its patient recruitment and retention service portfolio, recent developments and an informed future outlook.
- An insightful analysis of the recent collaborations within the patient recruitment and retention industry, based on several relevant parameters, such as year of partnership, type of partnership (acquisitions, joint ventures, mergers, patient recruitment agreements, service alliances, technology development agreements, technology licensing agreements and others), focus area (clinical trial management, patient recruitment and patient retention), therapeutic area (autoimmune disorders, cardiovascular disorders, CNS disorders, dermatological disorders, metabolic disorders, oncological disorders, pain, rare diseases, respiratory disorders, and others), most active players (in terms of number of deals inked) and regional distribution of partnership activity that have been undertaken in this domain, during the period 2013-2022.
- A review of the emerging trends in the patient recruitment industry, including the use of social media, mobile technologies, electronic health records (EHR), real-world evidence (RWE) and artificial intelligence, to overcome the challenges associated with patient enrolment and retention.
- A detailed discussion on the key growth opportunities (such as rise in the number of clinical trials, development of personalized medicines / orphan drugs, growing opportunities in emerging markets, increasing preference for one-stop solutions, stringent regulations related to patient enrollment and technological advancements in clinical trial conduct) in the field of patient recruitment and retention that are likely to impact the evolution of the market over the coming years.
- A case study on regulatory landscape of patient recruitment, highlighting the regulatory process involved in patient enrollment, along with the information on regulatory guidelines, regulatory framework for patient recruitment, ethics committees in different countries and documents reviewed by the ethics committees.
- A brief overview of patient recruitment in clinical trials focused on personalized medicines and rare diseases, highlighting the key challenges in patient enrollment, specialized patient outreach methods being used to recruit and the key players engaged in this field.
- A detailed analysis of the annual demand for study participants, taking into account the target patient population in ongoing and planned clinical trials, sponsored by both industry and non-industry players.
- A detailed assessment on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the patient recruitment and retention services market. In addition, it features various strategies that different patient recruitment companies adopted in order to mitigate the challenges faced during the global crisis.
The report also features the likely distribution of the current and forecasted opportunity across important market segments, mentioned below:
- Patient Recruitment Step
- Trial Phase
- Phase I
- Phase II
- Phase III
- Phase IV
- Therapeutic Area
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Oncological Disorders
- Infectious Diseases
- CNS Disorders
- Respiratory Disorders
- Hematological Disorders
- Dermatological Disorders
- Ophthalmic Disorders
- Key Geographical Regions
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and North Africa
- Rest of the World
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the key players engaged in offering patient recruitment and retention services?
- What are the current opportunities within the patient recruitment and retention services market?
- What is the relative competitiveness of patient recruitment and retention service providers?
- What types of partnership models are commonly adopted by stakeholders in patient recruitment and retention services industry?
- What is the overall demand of patients for recruitment in the ongoing clinical trials?
- What are the key challenges faced by patient recruitment and retention service providers?
- What are the key market trends and driving factors that are likely to impact patient recruitment and retention services market?
- What is the current / likely future market size of patient recruitment and retention services market?
To view more details on this report, click on the link:
Learn from experts: do you know about these emerging industry trends?
Learn from our recently published whitepaper: –
About Roots Analysis
Roots Analysis is a global leader in the pharma / biotech market research. Having worked with over 750 clients worldwide, including Fortune 500 companies, start-ups, academia, venture capitalists and strategic investors for more than a decade, we offer a highly analytical / data-driven perspective to a network of over 450,000 senior industry stakeholders looking for credible market insights.
Learn more about Roots Analysis consulting services:
+1 (415) 800 3415
+44 (122) 391 1091